The Real Change Oldham fund is currently fundraising so it can open to applications. However, Oldham is lucky to have a number of schemes that can help you now if you are homeless or in need.
- Job Centre Plus Flexible Support Scheme: anyone in receipt of benefits can apply to this scheme through their work coach for any job related costs, including clothing and travel.
- Oldham Council Local Welfare Provision: support workers can apply to Oldham Council to cover the items needed to establish a home in Oldham, including furniture and white goods.
- Spend to Save: the Housing Options Team can also apply for funding to help prevent homelessness for anyone at risk with 56 days.
- Threshold Inside Out Starter Packs: support workers for people leaving homelessness or temporary accomodation can apply for up to £50 worth of household items to help start their home, including pots, pans and small electrical items,
- Local Churches who are registered can apply for items to Acts 435
If you are sleeping rough, homeless or at risk of homelessness and want to apply for funds to help you, we are currently signing up partners who will be able to apply on your behalf. In the meantime, please go to streetsupport.net/oldham for support available near you.Applications to the fund will open when sufficient funds have been raised, with all Registered Partners listed here.