Real Change Oldham exists to ensure access to cash is not barrier to people getting what they need, when they need it, if they are homeless or at risk. However, Oldham is lucky to have a number of schemes that can also help with specific items or situations.
- Job Centre Plus Flexible Support Scheme: anyone in receipt of benefits can apply to this scheme through their work coach for any job related costs, including clothing and travel.
- Oldham Council Local Welfare Provision (furniture and large items needed to establish a home) https://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/100001/benefitsand_money/1837/emergency_support-_local_welfare_provision
- The inside out fund provides up to £50 for small household items Insideout@thp.org.uk . Housing First Cavendish 249, Cavendish Street, Ashton, OL6 7AT 0161 331 2000.
- Local grant makers for specific geographic areas including AV Davies (Shaw & Crompton) https://www.oldham.gov.uk/downloads/file/3060/applicationform-_av_davies_charity
- Royton Sick & Needy Royton residents suffering from ill-health may be able to get assistance from the Royton District Sick and Needy Fund. The one-off grant can help towards the cost of domestic help, fuel, medical appliances and other essentials. For more information contact the district team at Royton Town Hall on 0161-770 3850.
- Warm homes Oldham https://www.oldham.gov.uk/warm_homes_oldham
- Children in Need Emergency Essentials https://www.familyfundservices.co.uk/emergency-essentials/
- Acts 435 see https://acts435.org.uk/ for how the scheme works. Ancora, SAWN, Bethesda Church, Impact Church, Christians Against Poverty have access to apply for these funds.
If you are sleeping rough, homeless or at risk of homelessness in Oldham and want to apply for funds, get in touch with one of our partner organisations who will be able to provide support:
- De Paul
- Incredible Futures Oldham
- Oldham Community Night Shelter
- Positive Steps Oldham (Early Help Team)